On Mon, Apr 19, 1999 at 12:57 PM, David DeSimone ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) typed:

> You can test this out by typing Ctrl-V at your shell prompt, then
> pressing the Up-Arrow key.  You should see "^[[A" on your input line;
> that's the sequence of VT100 codes for cursor-up.  Then, if you type
> Ctrl-V, followed by Ctrl-Up-Arrow, you'll see that the exact same key
> sequence is generated.
>
> If you really want to, I bet you could hack your console keyboard map to
> generate a different key sequence for Ctrl-Arrows.  Then you just teach
> Mutt about those new sequences, and away you go.  :)

For what it's worth, rxvt will generate a different sequence for arrow
vs. ctrl-arrow, whereas xterm won't (I suppose the latter is a stricter
emulation of a vt100).

I don't see right off how to specify any ctrl-arrow sequence to mutt,
though. I think you're limited to ctrl-letter or an ASCII ctrl sequence,
but I could easily be wrong :)

--
-e