On Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 09:22:08AM +0400, Alex Kapranoff wrote:
>On Thu, Sep 23, 1999 at 09:36:41PM +0200, Marius Gedminas wrote:
>> I'd suggest instead of setting LANG= or LC_ALL=, just select the
>> variables you really want (eg LC_COLLATE, LC_CTYPE, maybe LC_MONETARY,
>> LC_NUMERIC, and LC_TIME).  This would also work for other locale-aware
>> programs that ask yes/no questions.
>
>  But that will also make them speak English to me ;)

Oops!  I didn't realize that (it's easy to forget as there are no
programs localized for Lithuanian, AFAIK).  Unfortunatelly, there is no
way to separate localized messages from localized yes-no questions (both
use LC_MESSAGES variable).

Best Regards,
Marius Gedminas
--
The UNIX philosophy basically involves giving you enough rope to
hang yourself.  And then a couple of feet more, just to be sure.