On Tuesday, 26 October 1999 at 10:35, Thomas Roessler wrote:
> On 1999-10-26 09:11:39 +0100, Chris Green wrote:
>
> > Now comes the 'philosopy' bit, mutt really isn't aware of this sort
> > of situation yet, it expects one 'set folder=<somewhere>' which
> > says where your 'home' mail directory is.  This just isn't
> > realistic when using IMAP the way I do.  Many MUAs are now taking
> > on board the idea that one may have multiple mail accounts and
> > personalities.  I know it would be possible to go some way to
> > accomodating this using mutt's macro and hook capabilities but I
> > think maybe a more direct way of configuring this sort of thing
> > should be thought about now that the IMAP facilities are becoming a
> > significant part of mutt.
>
> Where's your problem with putting the "personality-specific" stuff
> in various muttrc files and sourcing them by pressing appropriate
> keys, or by using appropriate hooks?

One important point Chris has raised is the case where you have two
different accounts on the same IMAP server. Because of the way the
socket selection code works in socket.c, it is impossible for mutt to
distinguish between them after they've both been established. An
additional "account" token would have to be embedded into CONN_DATA and
IMAP_DATA to make this possible...

so there's more going on here than just muttrc monkeying...

--
Brendan Cully <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | OLD SKOOL ROOLZ
"I hope I don't win                |          .-_|\