On Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 02:00:58AM +0200, Roy-Magne Mo wrote:
> > The major advantage of IMAP for me is that from any of these locations
> > I can save and retrieve 'important' mail and keep it organised in
> > folders which I can 'see' from wherever I happen to be logged on at
> > the time.  I actually have two IMAP accounts on the IMAP server, one
> > for personal mail and one for business/company mail.
>
> Can't you just two folder with the same account, and sort the private
> mail into one folder and the sort the business mail into an other? This
> way you could folder-hooks to do what you wan't to achieve.

But both would have the same E-Mail address, with two accounts I can
have different E-Mail addresses for business and personal mail.

Also I already have twenty or so folders on my 'personal' mail IMAP
account and maybe ten or more on the business account. If I put all these
folders on the same account I'd start running into name clashes and such
(e.g. I have an 'Action' folder in both).  I know I could use the folder
hierarchy to separate them but the Web interface doesn't know about
folder hierarchy (even though the underlying IMAP server does). There
is also a 10Mb storage limit per account but no limit on the number of
accounts I can set up.

So, it makes much more sense for me to have more than one IMAP
account.

> I have no experience with IMAP and Mutt, I download the mail from an
> IMAP server to localhost and uses Mutt locally instead.

That's fine if you only look at your mail from one location, as I said
the whole point of IMAP for me is its visibility from work, home and
anywhere else.

--
Chris Green ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           Work: [EMAIL PROTECTED]