Hi!

I've a problem using LANG=ru_RU.KOI8-R (or ru_SU.KOI8-R) locale.
When I use some KOI8-R encoded cyrillic characters
(like this: "Начнем с горизонтального полета") in my messages,
mutt produces following in the message header:

instead of

(as it should be according to my locale)

So, first thing what I need is to set charset properly
(koi8-r instead of iso8869-1).

Then I've a question: does mutt deduce charset from locale or doesn't?
If does, can somebody fix this problem?

My environment is:

LANG=ru_RU.KOI8-R
gcc 2.7.2.3

mutt -v gives:

Mutt 1.0i (1999-10-22)
System: FreeBSD 3.3-RELEASE [using ncurses 1.8.6/ache]
Compile options:
-DOMAIN
+HOMESPOOL  -USE_SETGID  +USE_DOTLOCK  +USE_FCNTL  -USE_FLOCK
-USE_IMAP  -USE_POP  +HAVE_REGCOMP  -USE_GNU_REGEX  +HAVE_COLOR
+HAVE_PGP5  -BUFFY_SIZE
-EXACT_ADDRESS  +ENABLE_NLS
-ISPELL

Thanks in advance