Bo Berkhaut <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> So, first thing what I need is to set charset properly
> (koi8-r instead of iso8869-1).
>
> Then I've a question: does mutt deduce charset from locale or doesn't?
> If does, can somebody fix this problem?

As I understand it, mutt does not deduce the charset; you have to set
it in your .muttrc or by hand. This is quite easy to do, however,
should you wish to modify your mutt so that it gets the charset
automatically from the environment variables LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE and
LANG, here is some code to do it:

ftp://ftp.ilog.fr/pub/Users/haible/utf8/locale_charset.c

But I would just put "set charset=koi8-r" in .muttrc ...

Edmund