By commenting out my 'unset save_empty' line, the problem where it
recognized and then failed to recognize boxes with new mail was solved.
(The Inc: line would actually decrease before I could <c>hange to the
next mailbox before...)

This should be noted in documentation, or fixed. :-)

Unfortunately, my <space> doesn't cycle through mailboxes problem is
still unsolved, so if anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it. I've
heard from one fellow who says that he uses it on Linux, so presumably
it might not be the code, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't work if it
recognizes which boxes have new mail (and it does recognize them, giving
a correct count in the Inc: field on the status line...)...

Jon
--
Fear leads to anger.            Jon Lasser   http://www.tux.org/~lasser/
Anger leads to hate.                 Work:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]    410-455-3708

PGP signature