In the wise words of [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> > Unfortunately, my <space> doesn't cycle through mailboxes problem is
> > still unsolved, so if anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.
>
> How do you have your mailboxes defined? If it is like
>
> mailboxes ! "echo $HOME/mail/*"
>
> then I don't think the <space> circles through the mailboxes, or
> any of the other notifications of new mail work in the browser or
> in the message line at the bottom. This is what I found recently
> when I got rid of the above line from my .muttrc and explicity
> defined all the mailboxes I have. Suddenly all those things I had
> read about but never experienced came into being.
>
> [Sounds like an advertisement]

Actually, it's the following:

# mailboxes which get mail
#
# my spool box and my testing box
mailboxes !             # my mailspool
mailboxes =IN.testing   # test messages
mailboxes =IN.umbc
mailboxes =IN.security
mailboxes =IN.32bitsonline
mailboxes =IN.crypto
mailboxes =IN.fetchmail
mailboxes =IN.fight-censorship
mailboxes =IN.fringe
mailboxes =IN.goucher
mailboxes =IN.linux
mailboxes =IN.local
mailboxes =IN.misc
mailboxes =IN.music
mailboxes =IN.mutt
mailboxes =IN.nym
mailboxes =IN.spki
mailboxes =IN.reef
mailboxes =IN.y2k
mailboxes =IN.fixme     # mail to my goucher account
mailboxes =IN.crap      # and spam and other crap mail (presumably)

And all the other notifications work, but <space> doesn't cycle through.
It does have a correct Incoming number on the status bar, and it will
occasionally pipe up that "IN.linux has new mail". But even so, <space>
won't cycle through the boxes.

And this did used to work, but then I upgraded my box and all the
software on it, and it's stopped working. :-(

Thanks for the suggestion,
Jon
--
Fear leads to anger.            Jon Lasser   http://www.tux.org/~lasser/
Anger leads to hate.                 Work:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]    410-455-3708

PGP signature