On Friday, 29 October 1999 at 18:16, Bernd Renzing wrote:
> > You might also check /etc/resolv.conf and see if that file has your
> > correct domain in it, too.
> YEP. That was the Problem. I´ve added :
>
> search localnet prima.de
>
> because searches should be first in my localnet, and then other domains
> should be searched, via dial on demand. Is this handling of mutt correct ???

When mutt is asked to qualify hostnames, it just uses regular resolver
functions (getdnsdomainname, I think). If you type, say, ping voyager and
it resolves to voyager.localnet, then mutt will do the same thing. With
your resolv.conf set up that way, this is what will happen.

I can't think of a good reason to have voyager.localnet. Is localnet
your loopback network, or a private network? Either way, you should
probably not use the same hostname for two interfaces on the same
machine - it's bound to cause confusion like this...

--
Brendan Cully <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | OLD SKOOL ROOLZ
"I hope I don't win                |          .-_|\