On Tue, Dec 14, 1999 at 12:56:31PM +0000 or thereabouts, John P . Looney wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 14, 1999 at 11:37:07AM +0000, Telsa Gwynne mentioned:
> > or xterms. Sorry. However, I can imagine the effects as I once managed
> > to get both lynx and mutt apparently attempting to run in the same
> > gnome-terminal. I think I may still have a screenshot of the resulting
>
>  I've done this loads of times. It's really wierd. I think I tryed to quit
> out of lynx, but hit the wrong key, and then, depending on how many times I
> pressed Ctrl-L, it looked like lynx or mutt. Must try track down what's
> happening the next time I get a HTML mail..

I don't think HTML mail causeed it in my case as I don't read them :)
Or at least, I don't have it show up all formatted by default, and
there's only one person whose HTML stuff I'll read even from the
view index.

I think I either:
        messed up with urlview
        shelled out of lynx into mutt
        shelled out of mutt into lynx

I found my screenshot. Because of the (ahem) funky backgrounds (which
looked good on that monitor, I wasn't to know the gamma was broken!),
it's 60k for a smallish picture, but if anyone wants to see the
results and guess what caused it, they're more than welcome.

Pressing ^L and getting redraws that didn't fix it does seem to ring
a bell, too.

Telsa