Hi John!

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, John P . Looney wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 14, 1999 at 02:39:23PM +0000, Sean Rima mentioned:
> > Hi David!
> >
> > On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, David T-G wrote:
> >
> > > Sean --
> > >
> > > If I understand you correctly, you want replies to email sent to your
> > > yifan account to come from your softhome account, but mutt currently sets
> > > your from address as yifan when it sees that the email was sent there.
> > >
> > > If that's correct, then I believe you want to unset "use_from", and you
> > > might also want to specify a "my_hdr From" command to force a particular
> > > address.
> > >

> > No the other way around. If a mail comes in addressed to
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED], I want Mutt to set the reply as coming from
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] Currently it sets all mail to From:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>  I've in my .muttrc:
>
> send-hook . my_hdr reply-to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> send-hook . my_hdr From: John P. Looney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> send-hook ilug my_hdr From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> send-hook ilug my_hdr Reply-to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> send-hook [EMAIL PROTECTED] my_hdr From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> send-hook compapp.dcu.ie my_hdr reply-to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> send-hook compapp.dcu.ie my_hdr From: John P. Looney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> send-hook online.ie my_hdr From: John P. Looney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> send-hook online.ie my_hdr Reply-to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>  I've loads more, but you get the idea...

I have these set for mailing lists etc, but if someone writes me direct, my
default email address may not be the one he/she wrote to and I don't want to
confuse anyone :)

Sean

--
GPG ID (DSA) 92B9D0CF PGP2 ID 19592A0D Linux User: #124682  ICQ: 679813
To get my PGP Keys send me an empty email with retrieve as the subject

PGP signature