Hi all,

I have the following hook set in my .muttrc :

   fcc-save-hook        ~A      +People/%O.gz

Effectively unless I specify it elsewhere my mail gets saved to
   People/MailName.gz

However, recently one of my correspondents has had their email name
changed to all capitals, so now rather than being saved in
   People/personx.gz
mutt wants to create
   People/PERSONX.gz

Short of using procmail to rewrite all incoming mail addresses to
lower case is there some change I can make in my .muttrc ?

As a second question - how can I convince mutt that there is new mail
in compressed folders?  I have procmail deliver some mail to
compressed folders.  Then in my .muttrc I have

mailboxes ! +'aip.gz' "+majordomo.gz" +mutt.gz

and none of these seems to allow mutt to determine that there is new
mail in the compressed file.  Any ideas / suggestions?

Cheers,

S.

--
"Theory!" he said. "Theory!  Damned important, that.  You set a
technician on a problem.  He'll fool around.  Waste lifetimes.

PGP signature