Mikko Hänninen hat ueber "Re: Problem with pine (i want to use mutt)" geschrieben:
> What's "pine-format"?  Doesn't Pine use standard unix mbox files?

Hmm? I don't know.
If I use setting spoolfile, and/or starting mutt with "-f INBOX" I get
INBOX is not a mailbox.

> Pine doesn't control the mail delivery, so nothing you can change in
> Pine will help.  The delivery location is controlled by whatever mail
> delivery program is used (/bin/mail, procmail, the MTA's own, etc.)

OK. I thought, that maybe pine is corrupting something in the system,
maybe the sysadmin has done that.

The INBOX-File has at the beginning two lines with
*mbx*
38d9067300000000

then 30 empty lines, an interessant line with the date:
22-Mar-2000 18:44:19 +0100,636;000000000000-00000000

and then the "normal" mail.

Maybe it is a feature from tmail-4.1(10)  or sendmail on this host.

I will ask the sysadmin, but he is on vacation till end of march.

thanx for all the answers....
--
\o/
Michael Thies                  ---                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Der Physiklehrer möchte die Wirkung des Magneten erklären.
Einleitend fragt er: "Was hebt Gegenstände vom Boden auf und
fängt mit 'M' an?" - "Meine Mutter!"