Michael Thies <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Wed, 22 Mar 2000:
> Mikko Hänninen hat ueber "Re: Problem with pine (i want to use mutt)" geschrieben:
> > What's "pine-format"?  Doesn't Pine use standard unix mbox files?
>
> Hmm? I don't know.

It does, at least for the stored mail folders...  When I've used it,
anyway, a long long time ago. :-)

> If I use setting spoolfile, and/or starting mutt with "-f INBOX" I get
> INBOX is not a mailbox.

> The INBOX-File has at the beginning two lines with
> *mbx*
> 38d9067300000000
>
> then 30 empty lines, an interessant line with the date:
> 22-Mar-2000 18:44:19 +0100,636;000000000000-00000000
>
> and then the "normal" mail.

Okay, that's not the standard mbox mail format.  So Mutt rightly says
it can't read the folder.  Mutt supports only 4 mail folder formats:
standard unix mbox, Maildir, MH and MMDF.  I don't think that you have
any of those, though I don't know all the details of what MMDF is like.

You need to have your incoming mail folder in one of the above
recognised formats, before Mutt can read it.

> Maybe it is a feature from tmail-4.1(10)  or sendmail on this host.

I've never heard of tmail.  I doubt sendmail is doing that on its own,
although it could be invoking a separate mail delivery program that
uses that format.

Regards,
Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
// The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /