Gianmarco --

...and then Gianmarco Giovannelli said...
% Hi to everyone, I am a new mutt user trying to configure mutt 1.0.1i (on
% FreeBSD).

Welcome!

%
% I have succeded in configuring almost everything but there are a few things
% I don't succeded in doing...
% So I have read the manual and the FAQ but I was not able to solve the
% problems by myself...

Well, thanks for trying; we get lots of folks who don't!

%
% I am subscribed to several mailing lists so I have made in my .muttrc
%
% Everything works like a charm, but I was not able to create an entry (or to
% bind a key) so I can easily move from the index of one this mailboxes to
% the lists of the mailboxes itself...
% I have defined :
% bind    index <f1>            change-folder

What -- you unbound the manual key?? :-)

%
% but it is not so much confortable because I have to press the ? everytime
% to have the lists of them...
%
% Is there a simple way so that I can do it ?
% I thought to a macro but I was not able to make it ... Is there a good soul
% here that can point me how to realize a simple key binding so that pressing
% it I arrive in the mailboxes list ?

I'd say that a macro is the way to go, too.  How about

  macro index c "<change-folder><tab>"
  macro pager c "<change-folder><tab>"

to reset the 'c' key to send the change-folder command (as it did) and
then hit tab for you?

%
% And there is a way to configure the list of mailboxes so it can be
% displayed in other way than a simple directory browser  (perhaps adding a
% description and/or customizing the menu list) ?

Don't think so on this one, but I could be wrong.

%
% Thanks for the attention...

HTH & HAND!

%
%
%
% Best Regards,
% Gianmarco Giovannelli ,  "Unix expert since yesterday"

I loved this sig :-)

:-D
--
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature