Hello,

Gianmarco Giovannelli wrote on Mon, May 01 2000 19:31:28:
> On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 01:37:26PM +0200, Antonio Fragola wrote:
> > GG> mailboxes +/FreeBSD/newbies
> > is the '/' after '+' necessary? I always wrote:
> > mailboxes +FreeBSD/newbies
>
> I presume it has to be here if you :
>
> set folder="~/.mutt/mail"
>
> if you :
> set folder="~/.mutt/mail/"
>
> I think you can safely omit ...

I have in my .muttrc:

set folder=~/Maildirs
set spoolfile=+incoming
set postponed=+postponed

...and so on. Everything works fine without the slash.
I think mutt is smart enough to know that $folder really points to a
folder and thus inserting a slash by itself, if necessary.
And -- IIRC -- multiple slashes in path names don't matter, so it can
insert it anyway, even if there is already one. :-)

> --
>
> Regards...
>
> Gianmarco
> "Unix expert since yesterday"

almost ;-)

Regards, Stefan.

--
Carmel, New York, has an ordinance forbidding men to wear coats and
trousers that don't match.