> Graham Lillico (Tue 16.0500-08:46):

> [deleted]
> email sent from mutt using gpg to sign it then I get the above message and
> then shortly followed by "PGP signature successfully verified."  why don't I
> get this from messages sent and signed using pine?  Does this mean it can't
> verify the GPG signature?

mutt uses MIME to package message and signature, where both are separate
blocks in the same email.  pine just pipes the message through gpg to have
it signed and you get the email in one chunk.  in this latter case i use a
little script and handfeed it the message by way of a pipe.  here's the
meat:

#!/bin/es
echo $PGPPASS |[1=5] gpg --passphrase-fd 5 $*

invoked by '|lgpg'.  it works when the mess is just signed and also when it
is both encrypted to me and signed by the author.  es() is some smart
little shell.  if my brains's mechanics don't fail me, the sh() translation
should read:

#!/bin/sh
echo $PGPPASS >&5 | gpg --passphrase-fd 5 $*

i risk putting my passphrase into $PGPPASS of the environment only because
i got my pitbull 'hate' trained to bite me every 15 minutes to remind me.
if you have a turtle or a rabbit, the training will need time, but with
your passphrase in memory, who cares?

--
clemens                                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        do                                              D4685B884894C483