Mikko Hänninen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> That's good as an option, but then the problem would be that you can't
> have an independent stand-alone binary that works even with no
> resource files...

Is this really one of the design goals of Mutt?  I don't see a problem
with getting people used to the idea that there must be a system-Muttrc,
and it should be copied wherever Mutt gets copied.  That way, if a site
has policies like domain-names and hidden-hosts, they won't get lost
just because someone copies the Mutt binary somewhere else.  Perhaps
Mutt should simply fail to start without some sort of configuration
input.  :)

--
David DeSimone   | "The doctrine of human equality reposes on this:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  that there is no man really clever who has not