clemensF proclaimed on mutt-users that:

>> Andreas Wessel:
>
>> What´s it with these "X"-headers anyway?
>> Does there have to be an X before any self entered header?
>> RFC?
>
>the common use for it these days is to includer user-info in the headers
>(e.g. my pgp-key#).  they coexist peacefully with the rfc822 headers until
>religion claims it's toll.  only thing is:  they are not too well defined,
>naturally, so i can't just grep for them, unless i know how a particular
>user/company/organization use them.

Anything X-* is a user / mta / mua defined header, which is not necessary
for processing (except perhaps by the user / mta / mua itself).

For example, Pegasus Mail asks for read receipts with the outdated
on seeing this header, but Pegasus (and a few others) will do so.

Of course, there is always the good old vanity tag - X-Mailer: foo

Some pop servers might add X-POP3-RCPT:[EMAIL PROTECTED] for their own
processing / filtering.

Several people love to add their own headers -

... or whatever.

Suresh Ramasubramanian | sureshr at staff.juno.com
Captain Penny's Law:
        You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of
        the people all of the time, but you Can't Fool Mom.