On Tue, Jun 20, 2000 at 07:49:49AM +0200, Frank Derichsweiler wrote:

> > I insert a my_hdr Return-Path:... statement into the .muttrc for
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] but when it bounced back for the second
> > time it showed the Return-Path as [EMAIL PROTECTED] (where
> > devel.danen.net is the hostname for this computer).  Since I can't
> > quite change the hostname on the fly, does anyone know how I can fix
> > this?
>
> The Return-Path is set by qmail upon mail delivery. Entries in the
> header are AFAIK ignored. The return-path setting is copied from the
> sender part of the mail envelope!
>
> Try something like
>
>   set sendmail="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject -ffoo@bar"
>
> in your muttrc in order to set the mail envelope from to foo@bar.
> (Assuming that qmail is installed on your local smtp box)

It's not.  sendmail is installed but as soon as my Mandrake 7.1
powerpack gets here I'm going to install qmail on here instead of
sendmail (too lazy to do it now just to change it again).  But I
don't want to "hardcode" it either, because I use different email
addresses for different things.  Someone mentioned an envelope header
string that can be defined but I think I lost that message...  I've
upgraded to 1.2i now and it works good (except for the color), so now
I can try those envelope headers...

Can someone re-post that info?  I seem to have lost that message...
=(

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED], OpenPGP key available on www.keyserver.net
Freezer Burn BBS:  telnet://bbs.freezer-burn.org . ICQ: 54924721

Current Linux uptime: 1 days 30 hrs and  mins.