On 21/06/00 22:29 +1000, Dennis Robertson typed:

>> Send yourself mail to create a mailbox :)
>> ~$ echo 'hello world'|mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>Did that.

>> See that mutt is looking for the mailboxes ... add the mailboxes line
>> mailboxes $MAIL =mailbox1 =mailbox2 ...

>Did that.

Did it work?

>You have all been so helpful that I feel I must stick with this to the
>end
>as long as you have the patience.  I have replied to each point in each
>of your responses.

Good show - but I hope it worked :)

>By the way, why do I get Cron Daemon messages and anonymous @dencar
>messages in my inbox?

Procmail.  Put something like this in your .procmailrc -

# Move crontab mail and such into a separate folder
:0:
* ^From:.*root@localhost  #or whatever your box is called
$MAIL/r00t_stuph

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have!