User Jasapp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Wed, 05 Jul 2000:
> First, I hit "m", for new mail, then type in the address on the "to:"
> line, and hit enter. Then it just says,
> "Aborted unmodified message.".

Sounds like the execution of your editor fails.  That is, after Mutt
has created a template email file (with your signature and possibly
any quoted text from an email you're replying to), it's running your
editor on that file, but the command fails.

What editor are you using?  Do you have the environment variables
VISUAL and/or EDITOR defined?  You can check what Mutt thinks the
editor command is by doing:

  :set ?editor

... within Mutt.  You can also set the editor to some command, with:

  :set editor=/path/to/my/editor

(leave out the : from the beginning if you're putting that command in
the .muttrc file)

Hope this helps,
Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
// The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /