Marius Gedminas proclaimed on mutt-users that:

>Isn't it strange, that Mutt does not do SMTP in order to simplify things
>and avoid duplication of functionality, while fetchmail uses SMTP for
>mail delivery in order to simplify things and avoid duplication of
>functionality?

It's the unix way ;)  Mutt is a mail _reader_ - a user agent, not an MDA
(mail delivery agent).

ps - I prefer procmail as my local MDA, much lighter on the system than
using sendmail.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + [EMAIL PROTECTED]
There's a fine line between courage and foolishness.  Too bad its not a