On Mon, Aug 07, 2000 at 10:50:04AM +0200, Rudi van Houten wrote:
> That is typically a job for the mail delivery agent. If you give the
> job to procmail you can instruct it to speak the famous
> "You hav got mail" for every message that comes in. Or even different
> sounds or screen flashing for every separate folder where you store
> the mail if you use filters.

Hmm. Procmail runs on my inbound mail on a machine colocated about
20,000km away from the place that I read my mail. It would need to be
a particularly loud and obnoxious "you have mail" for me to hear it :)

In general, if you're using IMAP, I think it's unlikely that the MDA
is running on the same host as mutt.

I would also be interested to know if it's possible to tell mutt to
check a list of IMAP folders periodically. If not, this would be a useful
addition, I think.

Joe

PGP signature