On Mon, Aug 07, 2000 at 10:50:04AM +0200, Rudi van Houten wrote:
> That is typically a job for the mail delivery agent. If you give the
> job to procmail you can instruct it to speak the famous
> "You hav got mail" for every message that comes in. Or even different
> sounds or screen flashing for every separate folder where you store
> the mail if you use filters.

well, the thing is that i leave all the mail on my LAN gateway, and i
get my mail from it via imap ( i use procmail there to distribute the
mails into several folders ) but i dont see how my local machine would
realize when a new mail arrives, except mutt checking the mailbox and
then it sees that there is a new mail.

bernhard valenti