On Wed, Aug 23, 2000 at 10:36:45PM -0400, Damien Tougas wrote:

> I am using Mutt on a laptop, with a dialup connection. I have Sendmail
> configured to queue messages, and I force processing of the mailqueue
> when I connect via PPP. The problem is, every time mutt sends a message
> it forces sendmail to do a DNS lookup which in turn causes PPPd to make
> a connection to the net. (I know that this is Sendmail's fault, but
> from what I can see, there is no way to prevent Sendmail from doing this).

I'm using Sendmail on a dialup and it queues messages when offline. When
Mutt sends a message it's put in the queue and no dialup is initiated.
Later, when I connect, I type "sendmail -q" and the queued messages are
sent. Unfortunately, I don't remember where this is configured, but at
least you know it's possible to stop sendmail/PPPd from dialing every time
a message is queued (I think this is a PPPd issue).

If someone else doesn't point out what needs to be configured, let me know
and I'll dig into it more.

Regards,

-rex