*[Damien Tougas on Wed, Aug 23, 2000 at 10:36:45PM -0400]:

> I am using Mutt on a laptop, with a dialup connection. I have Sendmail
> configured to queue messages, and I force processing of the mailqueue
> when I connect via PPP. The problem is, every time mutt sends a message
> it forces sendmail to do a DNS lookup which in turn causes PPPd to make

In /etc/sendmail.cf (or /etc/mail/sendmail.cf in sendmail 8.10.x and above)
just set

o HoldExpensive = True  (default is false)

Mail is queued on your local sendmail queue - /var/spool/mqueue in redhat - and
you can process the queue by /usr/sbin/sendmail -q

A complete howto is given on the ILUG Hyderabad homepage at
http://linuxindia.virtualave.net/vsnlcon.html

> Is there any way that I can make Mutt process my outgoing mail after I
> have composed all of my messages? Is there another way of doing this?

hth
-suresh

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + Wallopus Malletus Indigenensis
mallet @ cluestick.org + Lumber Cartel of India, tinlcI