On Thu, 05 Oct 2000, Pyuesh Daya wrote:

> Is it possible to run two external programs to run with mutt.  I am
> already running the "Shift Q" to query an external perl script which
> queries an Ldap Server....Is this possible...

If you are only talking about Shift-Q (not Ctrl-T), it should be easy
to define some macros, which change query_command and run query after
this.  Something like:

macro index \eq ":set query_command=\"abook --mutt-query '%s'\"\n<query>"
macro index Q   ":set query_command=\"ldap_query '%s'\"\n<query>"

(not tested!!!)

So ESC q queries abook, while Shift-Q queries ldap.

I personally suggest to use lbdb for situations like this, because
lbdb is able to collect data from different sources by simply
including special modules.  The only problem with this is, that nobody
wrote a LDAP module yet...

Tschoeeee

        Roland

--