I was messing around with backing up mail with my Qmail server, and
there is a utility that comes with it called, maildir2mbox. This utility
requires an environment variable named:

MAILTMP

I don't know if this is a system wide variable, or something just with
Qmail. Maybe this is a pointer, maybe not.

My /etc/profile

MAILTMP="/home/$USER/.mailtmp"

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 11:21:59AM +0930, Brian Salter-Duke muttered:

--
/Jason G Helfman

"At any given moment, you may find the ticket to the circus that has always
been in your possession."

        Fingerprint: 6A32 3774 E390 33B5 8C96  2AA1 2BF4 BD71 35A1 C149
            GnuPG http://www.gnupg.org  Get Private!  1024D/35A1C149