On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 07:44:44PM -0500, Greg Whitlock wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 01:45:10AM +0200, Mikko Hänninen wrote:
> #
> # This issue has come up before, and I have some vague memories about a
> # patch that would set the file access time to 1 second before the file
> # modification time when an mbox folder was exited, if it contained new
> # mails.  But I'm not sure if that's just me imagining things, or not.
>
> For what it's worth, (ie, I'm not sure if this would solve his problem)
> I build mutt with the "--enable-buffy-size" option.  This has mutt check
> the file size of the folder instead of the access time of the folder.
> This provides me with a reliable indication of when the folder has
> new mail.

Hmm, this sounds like it might work, as long as it works with
Maildir's as well as standard mbox format folders.

I'll give it a shot.

I figured out today that the new mail notification only works reliably
if I get new mail in a folder which contains no mail (that's still
flagged as N anyways).

Thanks...

--
  Adrian Chung             Software Engineer     e-smith, Inc.
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]    +1 613 564 8000x4379    888 ESMITH 1