Adrian Chung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Mon, 13 Nov 2000:
> So should this work:
>
>     mailboxes ~/Maildir
>     mailboxes =DevInfo

<snip>

Yes, that shoudl work.

> To further clarify, I should ask...  Does mutt actually tell you when
> you have mail in other mailboxes?  Or only the Maildir?  In other
> words, is it my setup that's broken?

The folder format doesn't matter, Mutt checks all kinds of folders (that
it is able to recognise, anyway) for new mail, if you've specified the
folders in a mailboxes line.

If you're using mbox (regular mailbox format) and you don't get new mail
notification despite marking the folders with "mailboxes", then you're
probably running into the oft-asked "Why doesn't Mutt mark my mbox
folder containing new mail?" issue.  The answer is that for some reason
the mbox folder timestamps are not set correctly, and Mutt doesn't
detect the new mail because of that.  As to the reason behind that, it
could be any number of things.  Check the archives.

Regards,
Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  // [EMAIL PROTECTED] //  http://www.wizzu.com /
// The Corrs list maintainer  //  net.freak   //   DALnet IRC operator /