Biju Chacko proclaimed on mutt-users that:

> On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 02:40:33PM +0200, Andre Majorel wrote:

> > Then you would better serve your agenda by contributing to that
> > project than by lobbying for Mutt to bend in that direction. If
> > you want to work on an SMTP-aware MUA, more power to you. But
> > don't make Mutt users pay for something they won't use.

> While I agree with the need to keep one's MUAs and MTAs seperate, I find your
> argument flawed. There are literally dozens of features of Mutt that I don't
> use. Does that mean I ought to object to development in those areas? I don't
> think so.

Pine for instance?  It normally delivers to local sendmail, but will
happily deliver to an external delivery server (using sendmail -bs
and talking smtp)

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + Wallopus Malletus Indigenensis
mallet @ cluestick.org + Lumber Cartel of India, tinlcI