Brendan Cully wrote:
> IMAP always gets dragged into this, and it's a red herring. Fetchmail
> cannot fully replace the functionality of mutt's IMAP code, and
> neither can any other tool. IMAP is a mailbox driver, and as such is
> the province of the MUA.

What confuses me about fetchmail is that if you read the documentation,
or just use fetchmailconf, you'll see all kinds of blatant plugs for
IMAP--things like IMAP is the best mail server protocal, it's the one
the author uses, it's the best tested, etc.  But, it seems to me that
fetchmail is most useful for popping POP3 mail, and that it shouldn't be
necessary to pop IMAP mail.

Why the discrepacy?

-Nelson