On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 02:14:54PM -0400, Louis LeBlanc wrote:

> On 06/15/01 01:04 PM, Dan Boger sat at the `puter and typed:
> > On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 12:48:24PM -0400, Louis LeBlanc wrote:
> >
> > can't you just set $LOCKFILE to someplace else where you do have write
> > permissions?
>
> Apparently not.  I entered the following line at the top of the
> /etc/procmailrc file:
> LOCKFILE=$HOME/.procmail.lock
>
> And still got the same results.
>
> I am looking at the DEFAULT setting.  I don't know what to make of it
> just yet, but I'll let you know.

I may be completely off track here, but according to the procmail manpage,
the commands in /etc/procmailrc might be executed as root... meaning that
$HOME/.procmail.lock would be /root/procmail.lock or something like that -
where a regular user will still not have write access.  I'd try (one last
time) to put that in the ~/.procmailrc file...

--
Dan Boger
Linux MVP