On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 09:50:24AM -0400, David T-G wrote:

| % how does mutt know which key to fetch from the server? Does it base
| % this on the e-mail address of the sender?
|
| Look into the mysteries of $pgp_getkeys_command to learn more
| (translation: RTFM :-)

That command equals "" in my case ;)

This is because of GnuPG: when Mutt asks gpg for a key, and in case
gpg doesn't have it, it downloads the key from a server, and passes
it back to Mutt. So the retrieving is transparent to Mutt...

| % Because, when I view a message, I can't find any key id attached to
| % it...
|
| It has to be there or nobody would ever know, but it's embedded in the
| PGP code itself (IIRC) and thus not so obvious to your eye.

It's probably somewhere in the PGP signature, I agree...

--
René Clerc                      - ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

Doing more with less.
-Buckminster Fuller