René --

...and then Ren? Clerc said...
% On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 09:50:24AM -0400, David T-G wrote:
%
% | Look into the mysteries of $pgp_getkeys_command to learn more
% | (translation: RTFM :-)
%
% That command equals "" in my case ;)

Now that's odd..  I use gpg with mutt and source gpg.rc (I *think*
unmodified from the tarball except for my --keyring option, but I'm not
positive) and I have

  set pgp_getkeys_command="gpg --recv-keys --keyring pubring.catch-all-keys.gpg %r
2>/dev/null"

(sorry for the long line) in my config...

%
% This is because of GnuPG: when Mutt asks gpg for a key, and in case
% gpg doesn't have it, it downloads the key from a server, and passes
% it back to Mutt. So the retrieving is transparent to Mutt...

Right.  I think it likely, though, that you have a default value for
pgp_getkeys_command and are using that.

%
% | % Because, when I view a message, I can't find any key id attached to
% | % it...
% |
% | It has to be there or nobody would ever know, but it's embedded in the
% | PGP code itself (IIRC) and thus not so obvious to your eye.
%
% It's probably somewhere in the PGP signature, I agree...

Yah.

%
% --
% René Clerc                      - ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
%
% Doing more with less.
% -Buckminster Fuller

:-D