Bela --

...and then Bela Bartok said...
% Hi, i thought my mail problems was solved, but i was wrong, i realize
% that mutt use pop3 protocol to recive my emails (execellent) but it DOES

Yep.

% use my local sendmail, please, I am looking for a email client that ONLY

Absolutely.

% uses imap or pop3 for sending and reciving, like netscape or mozilla
% mail but that can be execute without X-windows.

No mail program uses POP3 for sending.  Some other programs have been
known to make a connection directly to a remote machine's port 25 and
send that way, but mutt doesn't do that.

% I dont like to use my local sendmail!!!, i have an "offline" machine, i

Why not?  Because it's scary and complex, or for some other reason?

There are a number of very simple Mail Transport Agents designed for such
an occasion; one such, as I recall, is called smail, and you can check
the mutt-users archives for mention of others.

% just want to connect to internet, on console, execute a program, fetch
% email , read and send mail using ONLY pop3 or imap, is that posible on a
% modem unix like os such as freebsd ? is posible to set up mutt in order

Do you mean modem or modern?  In either case, since you talk about UNIX,
I find your question particularly ironic, because a basic tenet of UNIX's
philosophy is putting together small simple tools that do their things
well to make a complex tool.  mutt is a GOOD mail program and doesn't
need to bother with being an MTA as well.

% to use only pop3 or imap for sending and reciving? this is the realation
% i want:
% console                   X-windows
% nestcape                    lynx
% wordperfect                vi/ee/pico
% netscape-mail       what goes here?????????HELP!

I think you have confused your columns :-)

%
% please, I want a person that solve my mail problems,
% thanks alot

HTH & HAND

%

:-D