* Curt W. Zirzow ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> Wow, I knew maildir was slower but not by that much.  I guess it has to
> do with reading each individual file instead of scanning the mbox.

A lot seems to depend on how well your fs copes with lots of operations
on small files.  UFS seems to cope quite well, but maybe ext2 really
hates it.

Would I be right in assuming that the /new dir in Maildirs contains
messages marked as N, and they're moved to /cur once loaded?  Since
I have my default view limited to N messages anyway, would it be
worthwhile/possible to have mutt defer reading /cur in these cases?

--
Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -  http://www.aagh.net/