Hi,

* Will Yardley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [01-12-02 23:20]:
>Benjamin Michotte wrote:
>
>> Oh my god...
>> I just switched from mbox to maildir... and also reswitch to mbox...
>>
>> 2 minutes 38 to open my in.mutt maildir (? 6000 mails) instead of 18
>> secondes to the same in mbox format !!!!
>as others have mentioned, this is most likely a filesystem limitation,
>and not a problem with Maildir. would i be correct in assuming you're
>using ext2fs?
I don't use ext2, but Reiser. The difference is less severe, but
noticeable. Maildir seems to have the problem that it only works with
certain file system types.

Thorsten
--
The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away for expedients.
        - Edmund Burke