Hi folks,

well, I don't want to ask a question in this message, no, instead I would
like to tell you what most of you probably already know: Mutt is really
great!

Actually, when I had my first contact with UNIX via a shell account in
1991, pine (which was still rather young at that time) was the official
mailer I was supposed to use. Then, when I set up my first own UNIX
(actually, FreeBSD) box in 1995, I also installed and used pine on it.
After all, I was already familiar with it, so why use something else?

Ever since then, I used pine. During the last few years, as my mailing list
subscribtions grew, I slowly started to realize that pine - which is
targetted basically at newbies - lacks some of the flexibility I'd like to
have. Therefore I started looking for an alternative and found mutt. Well,
now I'm hooked!

Without ever having touched mutt before, I put myself a .muttrc together
from various examples and information I found in the manual. Then I set
myself up a .procmailrc for filtering my mailing lists. Both of that took
me about two hours (keeping in mind that I'm entirely new to mutt, I think
this is not too bad).

Now I'm really proud, because mutt has finally given me all of these little
but important tricky features that I have always wanted. I must say that
after two days on mutt, I can already see that my mail handling has become
much more effecient and comfortable.

So, yes, mutt is indeed great! Keep up the good work - probably I'll even
have something to contribute after having been with mutt for a little more
time...

Greetings
Nils

--
Nils Holland
Ti Systems - FreeBSD in Tiddische, Germany