* Will Yardley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [31-12-2001 18:17]:

| René Clerc wrote:
| > * Will Yardley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [31-12-2001 17:15]:
| >
| > > with postfix, just:
| > >  "| /usr/bin/procmail -t"
| > >
| > >  should be fine.
| > >
| > >  the fancy sendmail style trickery shouldn't be necessary.
| >
| > But, make sure in your postfix/main.cf the following line is present:
| >
| > mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail
| >
| > (or where ever your procmail resides)
|
| why is that necessary?
|
| if you have:
| "| /path/to/procmail -t"
|
| in a .forward file, changing main.cf is not necesary.

Well, if you make sure it's set systemwide, you don't have to use a
.forward file. I admit the "But" wasn't necessary, because it's not a
prerequisite.

| also the -t flag should be used as well if you set 'mailbox_command' to
| procmail.

You're right on this one, thanks.

--
René Clerc                      - ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

Confucious say:
        man who fishes in other man's well often catch crabs.