* Knute <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [020108 12:50]:
> Ok,  so then how to I get vim into my profile.
>
> I use vim all the time from w3m, and on it's own from the
> command line, even,  so I'm not sure why it isn't working
> for mutt.
>

> --- Nick Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > * Knute <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [020108 08:39]:
> > > Ok,  I've been fighting this for awhile now and I'm
> > getting
> > > tired of it.
> > >
> > > It was actually the reason that I joined his list
> > anyway.
> > > 8o)
> > >
> > > I can't send mail from mutt on my computer, and I'm not
> > > sure why.
> > >
> > > I know that my config files are ok, cause I can send
> > mail
> > > from mutt from my son's login, using my config files!
> > >
> > > When I try to send mail, it comes up with the To:
> > > I put that in, then the Subject: comes up, and when I
> > put
> > > something in there and hit enter,  it just stays there.
> > > Any ideas?
> >
> > Hi
> > Sounds like the editor you've chosen does'nt exist in
> > your profile.
> > I suggest this because it took me a while to work out
> > that my call to
> > vim should actually be to vi (same thing but on my redhat
> > box this is
> > how it's done) If the editor won't run then nothing
> > happens,
> >
> > Check the editor you call is in your profiles path as it
> > clearly is with
> > your sons.

Well, if it works from the command line in your profile I'm not sure
either!
Check the 'set editor=' line in your .muttrc and make sure that whatever
command you are issuing on that line also works from the prompt.

I hope that helps, it's an very odd problem.

Nick Wilson

Tel:    +45 3325 0688
Fax:    +45 3325 0677
Web:    www.explodingnet.com