I asked this in another message, but it looks like it got lost... can
someone please confirm or deny that they see this behaviour as well under
1.3.25?

1. use the new check-traditional-pgp command from the index on a message
   that has an old-style pgp signature
2. note that the 's' flag appears to indicate the presence of the signature
3. view the message, with pgp_verify_sig=no
4. note that the 's' becomes an 'S', even though no verification has taken
   place

It also happens if you just run check-traditional-pgp from the pager.

If other people are seeing this, I'll report it as a bug...