Sam, et al --

...and then Samuel Padgett said...
%
% return code with "echo $?".  When running Ispell from Mutt,
% however, you don't have this.  You press 'i'.  Nothing happens.
% You press 'i' again.  Nothing happens.  "Why isn't Ispell
% running?" you think.  "What did I break?  Were there no errors, or
% did it not run?"

I don't necessarily agree that mutt should spit out a message, though I
can see that this could be confusing.  What I would do would be to go
back into my message and deliberately misspell something to guarantee
that $ispell will run and make noise; once I knew it ran once I could
know it would run always.

%
% Feedback is an important element of any user interface, GUI or
% text-based, UNIX or not.

Yes, but so is providing only the right amount, rather than too much or
too little.

%
% Sam [who still thinks this is a flea]

I think the actual flea is that ispell does not follow $wait_key, myself.
Who wants to start a movement to get that changed, or submit a feature
patch?

HTH & HAND

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]