Rob, et al --

...and then Feztaa said...
%
% Alas! Ken Weingold spake thus:
% > Well first you need to get the new O'Reilly book:
% > <http://www.hellrot.org/stuff/ora.jpg>.
%
% ROFL, I want that book ;)

Indeed!

%
% > Second, as you may know, you can actually get Outlook to quote
% > properly, but all the others on the network will top post right back.
%
% Largely a non-issue: This isn't a LAN. Just one home user trying to
% teach another how to quote properly. Any such 'network' could only refer
% to the entire internet.
%
% > Plus when you set quoting to "> " in the options, every time you are
% > in that dialog box and hit Ok, it will complain. :-/
%
% Really? The messages I get from her seem to be quoted with "> "
% properly, she just doesn't know how to actually write a proper email.

It's not that it doesn't work (and you can even set it to "% " easily
enough :-) but that modifying the original message by line-quoting it
will mess up the spell checker's ability to skip over that part.

%
% For example, I just got a message from her in response to the one where
% I try to explain how to quote, and her replies were all quoted to the
% same depth as mine: no way to tell who wrote what. In fact, my message
% and her reply were all one big paragraph.

I think your later analysis of her sending in HTML or RTF is accurate.
You should check, however, your PGP settings.  In my experience, LookOut!
will not quote a MIME-signed body because it thinks it isn't text (and
yet it somehow knows enough to put it into the message body for reply!).

%
% --
% Rob 'Feztaa' Park
% [EMAIL PROTECTED]