At 12:13 AM EST on February  7 Rob 'Feztaa' Park sent off:
> I just got an email from a nondescript luser asking how I put my replies
> after the quote, The Right Way.

> So what do you guys think now? Lusers forced into poor quoting by
> default settings they don't know how to change, or lusers stubbornly
> refusing to do anything resembling intelligent behavior?

It's worse than that.  Even halfway intelligent people will think that if
everybody else does something a certain way, then that must be the most
intelligent way of doing it, because presumably someone must have put some
thought into it.

My worst example came when somebody asked why I replied after the quoted
material.  I gave her the standard explanation, and then she asked "Aren't you
worried about people not reading your email?".  It turned out that she had
brainwashed herself into thinking that "start of quoted material = end of
message: stop reading" and had almost deleted my email because it didn't have
anything before the quoted stuff.  I'm still annoyed that she'd think I'd be
more likely to send out unedited full quotes of emails than to do the right
thing.  And she uses Linux, so the problem has spread beyond LookOut.

In happier news, there's a lot of talk here about scrapping LookOut and IE
because they're so insecure.

--
Penguins are so sensitive to my needs. - Lyle Lovett
Robert I. Reid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>     http://astro.utoronto.ca/~reid/