On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 08:02:44PM -0800, Jerry Van Brimmer wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Mar 2002 23:58:15 -0600 Aaron Schrab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > At 21:26 -0800 02 Mar 2002, Jerry Van Brimmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > > Mutt newbie here, starting to be a frustrated Mutt newbie. The
> > > docs say that Mutt should work "out-of -the-box". Well, mine
> > > don't. I installed the one off of the SuSe DVD, which doesn't
> > > create me a .muttrc file. So, I went to the Mutt home page, then
> > > to the muttrc file generator page and got my initial muttrc file.
> > > I have entered my personal data into the file. But, I cannot get
> > > mutt to read my mail. In my home directory I have:
> > >
> > > /home/jerry/Mail
> > > /home/jerry/Mail/inbox
> > > /home/jerry/Mail/suse-linux
> >
> > Try adding the following to your .muttrc file:
> >
> > set spoolfile=~/Mail/inbox mailboxes ! +suse-linux

I know I am coming in late to this thread... but if you installed mutt
from the SuSE DVD, you should have a default .muttrc in /etc/skel. I am
running SuSE 7.1, and the default muttrc won't help you much. It just
has a couple of key definitions and a lot of coloring.

Unless you have procmail configured to deliver mail to
/home/jerry/Mail/inbox, I wouldn't expect to see much there. You may
want to set spoolfile to /var/spool/mail/jerry.

If you have problems getting sendmail configured, just let me know. I
used the SuSEconfig program to get it set up properly.

I know how you feel - I have been back and forth between KMail (YUCK)
and mutt, and it took me until now to finally figure out how to get
sendmail set up properly.

Jonathan