On Sun, 03 Mar 2002, Jerry Van Brimmer wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Mar 2002 22:05:33 -0600
> Knute <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > On Sun, 03 Mar 2002, Jerry Van Brimmer wrote:
> >
> > > set spoolfile=~/Mail/inbox
> > > mailboxes ! +suse-linux
> >
> > > I set these two commands. Now every time I start Mutt, go to folder
> > > "/home/jerry/Mail/inbox", Mutt says that "/home/jerry/Mail/inbox" is not a
> > > mailbox. What else do I have to set to get Mutt to recognize inbox as a
> > > mailbox.
> >

> > Is /home/jerry/Mail/inbox a folder or a file?

> It's a file I created as user jerry in a xterm. I did: "touch inbox". Then I set
> the perms to 0600.

I had this same issue when I first set up my mail, but I can't remember
what I did. I believe that I started out the same way that you did.
Do you have a line like this in your ~/.muttrc file?

        set mbox_type=mbox

the mbox_type can be either mbox, MMDF, MH, or Maildir.  Don't ask me
what the diffs are cause I don't know off the top of my head.  That came
from man muttrc.
I hope it's as simple as setting that variable though, I'm not sure.

--
Knute

You live, You die.  Enjoy the interval!
        -- Clarence