Hallo,

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 10:46:30:PM -0500 Joel Hammer wrote:
> Well I found urlview.
> I do not want to install yet another helpler application (yet). Also, can't
> even download the thang. This urlview looks hardcore to me!

The script is not too complicated, IMHO. Once installed simply pipe any
text into it and you have all URL's of that text depending on your
regexp.

As I do, you may even use it to find a News article (by mid) referenced
to with Google. Just flexible.

UrlView is also abled to distinct between virtual terminal and X11 so
that different applications for different environments are possible,
too.

But I think you ...

> I would really rather learn how to access the clipboard from a bash script!

... would like to learn. Allthough I don't have any further knowledge
the clipboard of KDE should be kept in memory instead of a file you
could read. So a small KDE program just writing the contents to stdout
(which you read) should work. Don't ask me how.

I (almost) only use X to 'listen' to TV. ;-)

Regards, Rocco

--
BOFH excuse #202:

kernel panic: write-only-memory (/dev/wom0) capacity exceeded.