ok, i've spent a number of hours over the last two days going over the
list archives for mutt and gnupg reading up on the conventions for
signing messages.  it is now my understanding that there are 3 ways to
sign a message: pgp/mime, ascii armor, and application/pgp.  i'm not
certain on the terminology for the last two or even that there is a
difference between them.  might someone enlighten me?

given the above, i know mutt handles pgp/mime natively and that it can
do application/pgp with the pgp_create_traditional.  my problem is
that neither of these formats appears to work if the recipient is
using outlook.  btw - the outlook is set up to use the g-data
gnu-plugin.  is there a way to get mutt to use ascii armor and will
that be viewable by my outlook user?  will the ascii armor work for
encryption as well?

if you care, i am trying to set up a secure email route route from me
to my accountant who uses outlook.  can anyone give me some pointers
for setting mutt/gnupg up to work with an outlook user?

thanks.

--
Peter Abplanalp

Email:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]